Pages

REALLY (no, I mean R E A L L Y) funny stuff

2012/01/08

Alloraaaa... this post was supposed to be about what I've been up to so far in my wonderful Italian adventure. Well to make it short, not much. Only that I continued to skip running on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (to my happiness) which of course could not go on for ever so I had to go today (uff). Some dancing on Friday night, that didn't turn out so good because according to Murphy's laws we ended up (again) in a place which played the music at a ratio of 10 bachatas/2 salsa.
Ah and not to mention I have been taking antibiotics for 4 days already, for a bad cold I got at some point (and the cold is still here but let's say it's bearable now). In addition to this, it seems that everything I eat has some sort of bad effect on me, although I literally love everything I eat (and yes, I eat a lot of everything). The effect is either a painful stomach, either a rash, either both. They say it's because of the change of environment and the change of food but... I don't know :). Anyway, I hope it will pass soon because I have a lot more to experiment in terms of food.

Tomorrow is a big day in terms of the fact that school finally starts and I will go to the university to meet the director of the faculty. Tomorrow I will also send my complete chapter to my professor in Romania, for revision (I still have to finish it, though). And, last but not least, tomorrow we will start the home search... again.

Ok so enough with the serious part. Now the REALLY funny stuff: Italians have a very weird way of saying "whatever" (if you are less than 18 years old please stop reading NOW!) Actually they have several ways of saying "Whatever!" but there is one that drew my attention in particular, for its endless funniness that made me  die of laughter for the whole weekend.
So they literally say: STO CAZZ(o).The small "o" between brackets is small because it is hardly heard. Actually, you can just not say it at all, and it will still turn out just fine. Ok so what does this mean? "Sto" is the short form of "questo" which means "this" (a "male" this). Cazz(o), well... it means the male stuff that male people use to... you know. Reproduce. So the phrase literally means "this d..k". But yet this is not the funniest part in "Sto cazz". No. The REALLY funny part in "Sto cazz" is the WAY they say it.
So let's assume we have a normal communication context between two people who are simply talking about something. At some point, Speaker A makes a statement about a certain thing. And then asks Speaker B what he thinks about what he just said. Speaker B is either confused about what he heard, either does not have an opinion about it, either is bored of the conversation, either does not have any idea what to say (ideally all these conditions have to be met AT THE SAME TIME for a full effect of what's going to follow). So, as an answer, what does Speaker B do? Simple: puts his hands together, matching fingers facing each-other, positioning the reunited thumbs up). Starts shaking the hands in the air (being careful to keep the position). And after 2 seconds (while still shaking the hands in the air) says: STO CAZZ... (Romanians will also feel familiar with this way of saying things, because there is a resembling phrase in Romanian as well (I will not get into details but... you know :)).

So that's it. One final mention is that by this post I have just broken the ultimate Italian life rule, which clearly states that women are NOT allowed to (ever) use bad words (that in Italian are called "parolacce"). Ever, under no circumstance. Boh.

Love,
La Reina Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground