Pages

Day 10 - the BIG countdown has started!!!!

2011/12/19

I honestly hardly realize how the last week has gone by so fast. Things started moving with a continuously increasing speed and here we are now, just a few days away from Christmas. I don't dare to think of Christmas yet, I mean not until I complete the final steps of the preparations for the big journey.

So what's been going on these days?

Last Wednesday was a new milestone in my never-ending car story. After a few phone-calls, I discovered, in shock, that the tax file of my car had actually RETURNED to the tax office in Constanta, because the person who had sent it to the tax office in Bucharest had actually put the wrong address on the envelope. And the guy I spoke to on the phone even had the guts to say "it's not my duty to know the correct address!" and also that they would NOT give the file to me personally, and they will send it again, with no receipt, no tracking number, and nothing. Useless to say how my fury reached unimaginable levels. But, once again, the day was saved by my PowerPuff Mom, who announced me after 1 hour that the file was in her hands. All I had to do next was to go to Constanta and take it.

Also last Wednesday, we had the last IMAX gala of this year, which was also my last IMAX gala, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Then, the next morning at 7:35, we flew to Targu Mures for the last cinema opening gala, which for me would also be the last one. For me, the event was filled with lots of nostalgic moments, and saying goodbye to a lot of colleagues and partners, taking pictures and being part of the surprise they had prepared me on the stage, were the things that made me realize that OMG I am NOT going on a vacation, I am actually LEAVING...

On Friday evening, I flew back to Bucharest and went straight to the service to get my car that finally had its door fixed so it actually looks like an almost new car now, and I don't have to worry about police stopping me in foreign countries to ask me what happened to my door :).

On Saturday morning, I boarded the early train to Constanta to spend the weekend with my mom and to take my car tax file, which I will personally deliver tomorrow to the tax office in Bucharest. This means that the day after tomorrow I will FINALLY REGISTER MY CAR!!!

The weekend was nice and calm but filled with wonderful surprises by my PowerPuff Mom, such as Saturday afternoon at the beauty salon, for a well deserved facial treatment, hairdo, and nails :D, or such as Sunday lunch at our relatives' place, filled with joy, jokes and good food. Or such as the whole apartment that my Mom had decorated in such a wonderful way with hundreds of lights and a nice Christmas tree :D.

And today, I went to change my birth certificate and then to a gift-shopping-session (and this is when I realized that yes, Christmas IS at the end of this week!!)

So now, I'm finally at home again, after taking the train to Bucharest, and ready for a new session of running around, but this time the last one, for the above mentioned registering of my car. Today, tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday I am practically on vacation so on Thursday I will go to the office one more time, to give the laptop and phone to my new colleague taking over my job, and to say goodbye to everyone near a piece of cake and a glass of champagne.

I know that it already sounds like a cliche, but the more days pass, the more I realize that it's finally happening. I was used to talk about this move as a far away project, but now when I look back I see that the day I found out that I would leave was somewhere in the first half of October, which is more than 2 months ago, and I can't believe how fast time has gone by.

Sometimes I can't believe that it's actually ME that I'm talking about, that it's actually ME who will get in the car next week and drive for 2 days to reach Milan (ok, I'm cheating a bit, we will BOTH drive, but hey, I will BE in that car all the time so it counts).

But yes, it's me, it's actually MY life that is totally changing, and no, I'm not watching a movie or reading a book or anything alike. I have to get used to it, as unbelievable as it seems.

And my heart is beating so hard that it's going to get out of my chest soon.

Love,
La Reina Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground