Pages

Day 2: The FINAL countdown!!!!

2011/12/26

So yes... 2 days, as in literally 48 hours, left until the big journey.

I've been quite "lazy" with posting during the last week, but only because I had serious reasons. The crazy rollercoaster called "preparations" started moving faster and faster by the days, and I don't know if last week I spent more than 2 hours in the same place. Except, of course, for the weekend, because it was Christmas.

Of course, the last days meant no less adventure than the previous ones, because it's too simple if it's simple, isn't it? The "best of the best" had to do with my car... AGAIN. Last Tuesday I was happily going to the tax office in Bucharest, carefully holding the precious tax file of my car, freshly brought from Constanta. I was already chirping with joy at the thought of going to register the car the next day and putting an end to the torture. But no.... not so fast, little lady! The tax lady announced me that the file is incomplete. The most important paper in the file was missing, because the stupid employees of the tax office in Constanta had just forgot to put it in. So no car tax transfer, no car registration without that paper. I thought the sky was falling on my head and started to feel that maybe a higher force was not allowing me to have my road trip. Going to Constanta again to get the paper was out of discussion, because the hours were  already counted for other things I had to do.

But the day was saved, again, by my PowerPuff Mom, who got the paper herself and sent it to me via courier.  So on Wednesday, after having waited for the courier for half a day, I had the precious envelope, and I went to the tax office again. The transfer was made, I paid the tax (again) and the registration fees, and on Thursday morning at 8:30 I was standing in line at the car registration office, proudly holding the complete registration file of my car. The officer at the desk was more than delighted by the completeness of my file, everything was in order, so all I had to do was to wait for 2 hours to get my new registration document and my new number plates. Which I happily did.

Later that day, I rushed to the store to get cookies and champagne, then to my office for a last sweet moment to say goodbye to my colleagues at work. After doing this at my office, I went to the main office, to do the same thing. Sweets, pictures, farewells, "good luck"s, but still... I have the feeling I'm on vacation and returning some time soon. The only difference is that I don't have the Blackberry ringing or blipping because of work emails. Which is weird... not to mention that I'm so curious to know what's been happening. 

Thursday ended with a farewell coffee with one of my best friends, and then, with a bit of useful shopping for my car. I bought winter chains, an emergency kit (electric cables, towing cable, work gloves, anti-frost spray, screwdrivers, reflective vest), a reflective triangle, a medical kit, and car scents. So I'm a very well equipped girl now. You can't have the trip of your lifetime without all these, right?

Another round of running around happened on Friday, when I went to the Trade Registry to require a paper that I needed for registering myself at the National Health Insurance House and be able to pay my monthly contribution considering that now I am no longer an employee. If I didn't do this, my European Health Insurance Card would not be valid. Then, I rushed to the insurance company to make an optional insurance for my car, and then, to the mall, for another (very short, too short) coffee with another dear friend, and for the last Christmas gifts shopping for my mom and my brother. And, finally, after all these, I rushed to my aunt's to get my cooling bags (yes, my luggage involves food) and for a well deserved dinner.

On Saturday morning, me and my brother went home to Constanta to spend Christmas with my mom, which really meant 3 magic days filled with joy, warmth, good food, gifts and love. Short, too short, as we came back last night, only to start a new rush of preparations. Before going to bed, I spent some hours copying all my files from the external hard disk to my new laptop, and putting all the files and folders in order. I still don't have Microsoft Office, which will be vital for my work, but except this, my computer now has some sort of a logic.

So today... more running around to do:
- to the Financial Administration and Trade Registry to get my papers
- to the National Health Insurance House to file the above mentioned papers
- to the office to gather my things, and to complete my last expense report, and to bring some pork jelly to my dear colleague and friend
And tonight... PACKING!! Which I hope I will finish in time because there are SO many things to pack and I still have no idea what to take and what to leave for the next time I come home. And I will hopefully have some little time to become a Beautiful Frog Queen, as my Fishy Prince will arrive tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning I  will wake up early to cook some sarmale for my Fishy Prince, and, at 11:40, I will be at the airport to pick him up. We haven't seen each other in FIVE WEEKS. So... maybe this explains why now I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa!!!!

I hope I will have time for a final little update before we leave, because there are so many things left to do :D

Love,
La Reina Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground