Pages

Day 23 - The never ending car story and more updates

2011/12/06

More than a week has passed since my previous post and things are getting crazy here in the Kingdom of the Frog. Mostly because of the car related issues that put our road-trip more and more in danger. Sometimes I wonder if this road trip will actually take place, or I will end up using my plane ticket that I have for 28th of December. At least this ticket gives me a feeling of safety, as I know that I will get to Italy at the end of December, no matter what.

So, what has been done since my last post?
- my European Health Insurance Card arrived on 30th of November
- my car number plates and registration expired on 30th of November
- in order to drive legally, I went to the leasing company on the 2nd of December to take my red plates and my temporary registration which are valid for 1 month (this should be enough for making my definitive registration)
- I checked the status of the tax transfer of my car from the tax office in Constanta to the tax office in Bucharest. On 2nd of December the transfer had not been done yet. I will check again every week.
- I discovered a nice thing: I paid the annual tax of my house in time, so now I only have to pay a small amount for 2011 yey :)
- This morning I finally went to the insurance company to submit the report on my door damage
- And then I went to the service that the insurance company works with, for a re-check of the report. It seems that my door cannot be fixed, it must be changed. The right-side mirror must be changed as well. This means that after they receive the final approval of payment from the insurance company, the service people will order the parts (door + mirror), and then when the parts arrive, they will call me to schedule the replacement and the repairing.
- The service people repeatedly assured me that I WILL hit the road in my fixed car on December 29th at 7:00 a.m. and that I should not worry. But... I DO worry. At this point, anything could go wrong and I am stressed as hell. After all, it's Christmas in 19 days...
- Today I paid this year's insurance of my house. At least one more thing off the "to do" list before I go.
- Today I talked with the scholarship office to check if my annex to the studies contract is signed... I will need my copy for the residence in Italy, to prove that I am a student and that I have a monthly income. Of course... it's not signed yet. A little more to wait...
- Today I went to my PhD professor at the university, for the monthly report. It seems I did a good job with the bibliographies... now I need to also finish a paper before the holidays. Will do it, La Reina Rana can do it all.

What I'll have fun with during the next days:
- Tomorrow: I'll submit my monthly PhD report to the secretary
- Tomorrow: go to the library and start gathering some of the books I need for finishing my paper
- Tomorrow: apply for a debit card in euro. I will definitely need it in Italy.
- On Thursday: go to the leasing company to get a stamp on a paper that needs to be given back to the service when I take the car for repairing
- on the weekend: THE BIG CLOSET CLEANUP!!!

I do have to confess that the big closet cleanup is the thing that excites me the most out of all the preparations. My huge closet is literally packed with tons of clothes, some of them completely useless, that I will either donate or chop to pieces to use the fabric later, or either store for re-constructing them at some point. And, of course, this will also be the point where I decide what exactly I will pack to take with me to Italy. In front of my closet, I feel like a kid in front of the Christmas tree with gift packs underneath. I know that there are a lot of clothes that I forgot I even have, as well as I also know that I will find some of my favorite clothes that I actually LOST in my own closet. And, of course, there will be plenty of things to throw away. This is also valid for shoes, coats, bags, etc. etc. But anyway, more on this after it's done. I will dedicate a whole post to this incredibly pleasant activity :).

So only 23 days to go, and STILL so many things to do. And who knows what else I will discover on the way. To make things even better, I am still working and having a crazy period at the job, as we have 2 big and long expected events next week. I'm doing my best to stay focused, as I really want them to turn out good.

In the meantime, I wake up and fall asleep with the hope that everything will be fine and that everything will be ready. And these days I wake up and fall asleep with this song of Jovanotti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSea1YPxK1c

Good night, World. Tomorrow is a new day for running around.

Love,
La Reina Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground